How to get there?
Located quite near Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta is easily accessible.
From Ho Chi Minh City driving is both tourist and local buses to Ben Tre, My Tho and Can Tho. A bus ride from Ho Chi Minh City to Ben Tre takes four hours and costs VND 69,000 (around $3). 2 main bus stations in Ho Chi Minh City are Mien Dong Bus Station and Mien Tay Bus Station. In Ho Chi Minh City, you can also make it easy on yourself book a complete 2- to 5-day Mekong Delta Tour, where everything for you is regulated.
From Cambodia, it is easy to travel from Kampot to Ha Tien in Kien Giang Province. Besides, bus connection between Phnom Penh and Can Tho are now available.
It is quite easy and convenient to travel from Cambodia to Mekong Delta by waterway. Several daily boats are available, connecting Phnom Penh and Chau Doc in An Giang Province, from slow boats to fast boats. Visa (e-visa is not accepted) can be obtained at the border, boat crew will handle the entry process. A journey on a slow boat can take up to 10 hours while the fast boat takes around 5 hours. Fast boats by Hang Chau Boat Company leave 7.30 every morning from International Phnom Penh Port at Sisowath Quay. Going by waterway is absolutely a perfect way to enjoy the beauty of Mekong River.
Mekong Delta is not only a perfect place for sightseeing, experiencing the unique and authentic culture but also a great destination for shopping.
Talking to Mekong Delta, the first image appearing is crowded and bustling floating markets. Floating markets are very popular in Mekong Delta, among which Cai Be, Cai Rang, Phong Dien and Ninh Kieu are the biggest and most outstanding ones.
Other shopping locations
– Chau Doc Covered Market: Bach Dang Street, Chau Doc Town, An Giang Province
– Phu Quoc Pearl Farm: Duong To Commune, Phu Quoc Island, Kien Giang Province
– Ngoc Hien Pearl Private Enterprice: Duong Bao Street, Duong To Commune, Phu Quoc Island, Kien Giang Province
– My Tho Central Market: corner of Trung Trac and Nguyen Hue streets, My Tho Town, Tien Giang Province
– Central Market In Can Tho town: Between A1 and A2 streets (Near Dona Hotel In Tran Phu Street)
– Co-Op Mart Ben Tre: 26A Tran Quoc Tuan Street, Ben Tre City, Ben Tre Province
– Viet Artisans: An Binh Island, Long Ho District, Vinh Long Province
To be continued…